The holiday season is a time of joy and celebration, but it can also be a difficult time for many people. In order to make this season more joyful for all, here are six ways you can serve your community during the holidays!
1. One of the ways you can give back to your community is by volunteering your time. There are many organizations that need volunteers during the holiday season, such as soup kitchens, homeless shelters, and toy drives.
2. You can also give back to your community by donating money or goods. There are many organizations that accept donations of food, clothes, toys, and other items. Typically, a quick internet search will pull up options!
3. Another way to serve your community is by doing random acts of kindness. You can do this for anyone you know, strangers on the street, or even people in your community that are less fortunate than yourself. These acts of kindness can be as small as donating a few cents to a Santa Claus with a bell, baking cookies for a family in your neighborhood who needs the support, or as large as donating to a local organization!
4. Have a little extra time on your hands? Set up a holiday food drive with your neighbors! You can collect canned goods, boxed foods, or other non-perishables to donate to your local food bank.
5. This may seem like a small way to give back, but it’s important and can inspire future generations. Teach your children about the importance of giving back and what it means to be hungry or homeless.
6. Express your gratitude! Did you have someone that helped you out this year? It could be anything from a kind word to a neighbor who assisted on fixing a light. The possibilities are endless. Reward their kindness with cookies, a pie, a Christmas decoration, something personal, anything. As long as it shows your appreciation.
You can give back to your community with these six great ideas! If everyone were to take part in one way to serve their communities during the holidays, it would make this time of year much more joyous for everyone.
What are you doing this holiday season to give back? Share your plans in the comments below!