Did you check out our post about the wonderful world of diary writing? If not, click here to read! The Wonderful World Of Diary Writing.
For those of you that have read it; are you struggling to come up with ideas to write about? Look no further! I will provide a few prompts to help you get motivated!
For Self Care:
- List three things you love about yourself.
- How do you really feel right now?
- What are your most common thoughts of the day?
- What prompted these thoughts?
- How do they make you feel?
- How can you turn it into positive thoughts?
For those I said goodbye to:
- Dear person that left…
- Dear person I hurt…
- Dear person, I forgive…
- Dear person I miss…
- Dear person that loves me…
There are many variations of these simple prompts. This is just a good starting point. This way you can establish who that person is to you, what you’ve done to each other, to acknowledge it. From there write your feelings, bear your soul. It’s up to you whether you burn this letter, tuck it away, or send it. It is your choice.
For those in your life:
- This is how I feel…
- It is hard for me to talk about this because…
- I don’t know how to express myself…
These are just ideas. Every situation is unique in their own way, the important part is to express yourself. This is a good opportunity to put all of your final words on paper.
- “When I flipped on the radio that night, I couldn’t believe the voice I heard coming through the speakers.”
- “There was a secret meeting in the morning, and she absolutely had to be there.”
- “He was heading back to the one place he hoped he’d never have to see again.”
- Write a story involving: a special rock, the color black, walking through clouds whilst on a mountain.
- Write a story involving: Fireworks, a broken clock, a toast.
If none of these prompts work for you, look up your own! Pinterest is a great place to find a variety of prompts to fit your mood or ideas, and more.
Have you tried journaling? Any of the prompts above? Let us know how writing is going for you!