There’s something about this year that has made me feel like enough is enough. Enough of working in a job that doesn’t bring me any joy, enough of taking crap from people or feeling down when they don’t do what I expect of them and enough of not living to my full potential and feeling sorry for myself. I want more, I deserve more and this year is the year to get it.
I’ve always wanted to blog/Vlog about my growth and experiences as a single mother trying to find my womanhood but when life gets hard I lose my consistency and I’m back at square one. I’m sick of it and it’s holding me back in many areas of my life. So it’s now or never and I hope that my growth will inspire other procrastinators.
Speaking My Goals into Existence
At the end of the year I will have a consistent YouTube channel and Instagram that encourages growth and healthy motherhood. I will have a successful quality fashion label ByMakeidaDavis. My son and I will have an amazing beach holiday and he will be developing academically at the start of school.
How to Get Focused & Keep it That Way
We aren’t all driven like Beyoncé or possess impeccable skills like Serena but the one thing we all have is opportunity and everyday we wake up is like pressing the reset button and admitting to ourselves that we can do better. Life is hard and at times we can become obsessed with where we want to be and it can be a distraction from doing the work that is need to get there. As cheesy as it sounds think about what you want and keep moving forward until you get there. Below I’ve listed 5 things that are genuinely helping me.
1. Writing in my journal every morning before I take on the day. It helps to clear my head and I end it with a “Remember that…” and I usually write a sentence that encourages me.
2. Fill out a weekly planner and stick to it!! You can do a monthly one if you know you’ll stick to it but I prefer weekly and fill out the commencing week on Sundays.
3. Surround yourself with all things positive people included. It’s hard to be lazy when you are around driven and joyful people. Be aware of who you follow online and make sure they mirror positivity.
4. Set Monthly Goals. Although you may have a goal for this year it helps to have monthly goals that help make the overall goal happen.
5. Forgive yourself when you mess up and keep going. Although these things have been helping me i do have moments when I slip up and when I beat myself up it just waste time and distracts me from getting sh*t done. So now I’m learning to bounce back regain focus and keep going.
I wish you all have a prosperous year and stay focused.
Written By: Makeida