My pastor, John Nuzzo, always says that the next generation (AKA mine) is going to be the ones to change the world. And I 100% agree.
Now, let me tell you about what my generation is going to do, what we will be willing to do!
- Share the love of Jesus.
- Be warriors for Christ.
- Advance God’s Kingdom and lessen the land that the enemy has taken.
- Break chains! Chains of addiction, lust, anger, hatred, violence, racism, abuse, porn, anxiety, and depression!
- Remind people of the tremendous worth they possess.
- Reach the lost.
- Empty our cups daily but also daily refill them in prayer, in the Word of God, and through fellow believers.
- Make Church not just a place that we go on weekends to check it off the list, but a place where change is possible. Where healing is happening. Where we get our cups refilled. Where we get into God’s presence so we never leave the same. But the Church is not just those four walls, it’s us. The body of Christ.
- Go to the ends of the earth to share the Gospel with people we’ve never known and may never even be able to have a conversation with because they speak a different language. But that love speaks volumes because God is love. (1 John 4:8)
- Be kind to people.
- Plant a seed of faith even if we never get to see it come to fruition.
- Be a generation that brings healing! We are called to be restorers and that’s exactly what we’ll do! (Isaiah 58:12)
- Bring hope to so many that have none! (Hebrews 6:19, Hebrews 10:23)
- Tear down every lie that the enemy has instilled into our minds and daily thinking and exchange it for the truth that God speaks over us.
- Allow for vulnerability because that is what ushers in healing…being honest and open with God, but also with people. (James 5:16)
- Share our testimonies to show God’s faithfulness through our lives and remind them that what He’s done for me, He’ll do for them because of that faithfulness. He is not a respecter of persons. (1 Thessalonians 5:24, 2 Timothy 2:13, Romans 4:21)
- Stand firm in our faith even when the ground is shaking, even when everyone is caving in and refusing to say the name of Jesus, we will! Because we know that there is power in that name, freedom.
- Forgive people as Christ has forgiven us. (Ephesians 4:32)
- Leave the ninety-nine to find the one! That one has so much value in the eyes of God, has so much potential for the Kingdom.
- Share Christ until our final breathe.
- Be living proof of God’s grace, mercy, and love.
- Allow ourselves to be led by the generation before us since they are wiser in many areas, but we won’t be confined to only what they have accomplished.
- Pray relentlessly, realizing how much power is held within it. (2 Chronicles 7:14)
- Run towards the brokenness that most people turn away from.
- Reach for the unreachable, love the unloveable, forgive the unforgivable, and change the unchangeable through the power of Jesus Christ.
- Remind them that God is good despite whatever circumstances, hurt, or pain they are facing right now. (Psalm 106:1, Psalm 100:5, Luke 18:19)
- Be Jesus to the least of these. (Matthew 25:40)
- Bring deliverance out of bondage.
- Remind people they are more than their past and that they have a future in God.
- Respond with urgency because we know that tomorrow could be one day too late for any particular person because nothing is guaranteed.
- Change the world, as my pastor has said over and over again.
- We will not hold back, we will not give up, and we will not allow the enemy to win. We will do everything we can to bring the Gospel to the ends of the earth. We know how good God is and we can’t imagine not telling people about that goodness!
So if you think about it, pray for the next generation, pray for us, pray for me! Be praying for courage, for boldness, for strength, for us to hold unservingly to hope even when it’s hard, and for us to not allow the negative voices to hinder what God wants to do in us and through us. And believe in faith along side us that God is going to do amazing things, bring many people back to Him, perform miracles, and answer prayers.
Written By: Jordin West
To become one of our featured Guest Bloggers please click here to submit your post <3